The SDG Regional Tourism Grant program is now accepting applications. The program includes a grant designed to help existing businesses and organizations increase visitation to Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry via tourism initiatives and attractions.
The Regional Tourism Grant program is tailored specifically to help tourism businesses and organizations in SDG, while also focusing on new ideas, or augmenting an existing event/attraction.
“Those interested are asked to complete a detailed application that includes a brief history of the organization, a list board of members if applicable, details of your event or program and an outline of where the funds requested will be used,” said SDG Tourism coordinator Karina Belanger. “With COVID-19 set to dominate the tourism landscape again this summer, we realize that aiding operators and organizations in our region is integral to their success.”
SDG Regional Tourism Grant highlights:
- One-time annual intake.
- Applications must be received by March 30, 2021 – 12:00 p.m.
- A panel of two Counties Councillors, Tourism Coordinator and an SDG staff member will review each application.
- Only one application per organization per year. Applicants are welcome to apply in subsequent years however funding would still be subject to panel approval.
- The minimum grant request is $2,500 per application.
- The maximum grant request be an upset of $5,000.
- Total grant program would have an annual budget of $25,000.
The applicants will be notified by mid-April and funds will be distributed pending budget approval. To download an application, please visit sdgcounties.ca/tourism/grant.
Please contact SDG Tourism Coordinator Karina Belanger at 613-932-1515 x1331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.