Running up to Christmas and the holidays, I would like to make a list of local artisans, crafters, makers, fairs, and bazaars. There are a few virtual markets that have popped up. There’s the North Grenville Virtual Market, the Makers Market based in North Grenville. The Handmade in the 613, and others.
The shuttering of shopfronts, and the cancellation of Christmas and Holiday markets have been disastrous for many businesses, but artisan, crafters, and makers have been especially hard hit.
Many service clubs and church groups normally hold bazaars at this time of the year. Most of those aren’t happening this year either. I have put a call out to artisans and crafters on social media. I will add to this list as I get more. I’m including the information as I get it. Most of them can be found on Facebook. PLEASE email, text or call me to add to this list, so we can include as many as possible in the lead up to Christmas and the holidays. We still have a couple of weeks! email@example.com, or 613-989-1980.
So, here goes. In absolutely no particular order, and devoid of any organizational
- The Makers Market: virtual market in North Dundas. themakersmarket.shop.
- NGVM #NGVM and Handmade in the 613 / 819 #HIT613 #FALM819 (you can find them through Facebook).
- Handweaving by Janet Whittam. www.handweaving.ca.
- Mrs B’s Boutique.
- My Local Markets.
- SD&G Artist and Small Business Auction.
- Pop Up Shop – Winchester.
- Saturday Christmas Pop-Up Shop.
- Eastern Ontario Craft Buy & Sell.
- OB Photography.
- Vendor Fair at Display of Lights.
- The Leathersmith Gregor Smith.
- Handmade by Hayley.
- Loopy Knits.
- Registered vendors attending are:
- Angie Johnson-Korteweg, SweetLegs Winchester with Angie.
- Marcel Larocque, Importations LS Imports (Bamboo clothing).
- Kim Lirette, Avon (Gifts, skincare, jewellery).
- Jennifer Picard, The Pampered Chef (Kitchen products).
- Karen Kauth, Karberry Farm (Shetland wool, socks, hand knit items).
- Christina Seabrook, Sunset Gourmet (Spices, condiments, dips).
- Terry Dubreuil, Some Boards, Glue and Nails (Woodworking).
- Marjorie Acres, MEA Stained Glass.
- Bryan Martin, Stonepipes by TWO Bears (Native crafts).
- Glenn Smirle, Smirlholm Farms Honey (Honey products and candles).
- Angela Godda, Scentsy (Wax, warmers and diffusers).
- Camille Spruit and Alana Jaquemet, Seacret Direct (Skin and body care from the Dead Sea).
- Shannon Bowman, Bowman’s Once or Twice Boutique (clothing and accessories, new and used).
- Marion Stanley, Marion Stanley Mosaics (Stained glass, lanterns, barley bags).
- Marlyn Cox and Brenda Wooton (Glass light up globes, wreaths, wooden ornaments, preserves).
- Sharlene Caines, Norwex (Non-toxic household cleaning and personal products).
- Steve Moreau, VenLyn Gifts (giftware and décor).
- Hayley Bedford, Handmade by Hayley (Handmade stuffies and accessories).
- Krista Mifflin, Desdemona’s (Sewn Goods: Handbags, totes, dresses, masks, costumes).
- Tara and Amy DeJong, Chester Creek Creations (t-shirts, long sleeves, coffee mugs, wine glasses).
- Steve Gergis, Fiji Radiance (hand sanitizer with organic ingredients from Fiji).